Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chocolate Avocado Pudding - Raw foods and easily made vegan

Oh the mighty avocado, what can I say about you?  Except... I really think you suck!  I mean, you're slimy,  you are green, you sort of act like a fruit, but you aren't sweet at all.  I can never tell when you are ripe.  The only thing you are good for is for sticking toothpick in and making a tree thing grow.

I'm not a fan of avocados.  

So maybe I can be forgiven for being sceptic at the idea of combining chocolate with the slippery avocado. 

Then a friend told me about this chocolate pudding recipe I had to try.  I thought  why not.  It's been over a year since I attempted to eat an avocado, so why not give it another go.

chocolate avocado pudding with avocado heart
 The link to the recipe I used is: Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe.  The 6Tbs of milk (which can be vegan milk substitute to make this a vegan friendly treat) adds up to just over 1/3 cup.  But I used half that and got a nice consistency.

There's no cooking, so good to serve to raw food people.  Just get stuff into blender, blitz.  Try and get stuff out of blender into bowl without eating it all.

stick some sticks on the pit and put it in water like this, should make a tree.


My thoughts on this recipe: It's very, very rich!  Exactly the right consistency  but a bit sweet for me.  Given the age of my blender, it was a bit difficult to get every bit of avocado blended.  But all in all, not a bad dessert.  

Affordable cooking?  Not really but not terrible. About $1 for the avocado, another dollars worth of maple syrup, and almost a third dollar of other ingredients .. given that it made enough for one, or possible two people, it seems a bit steep. 

As far as chocolate puddings go, it is a pretty healthy alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment