Monday, August 27, 2012

Bento Videos I Enjoy

As the title says, here are a few bento related videos that I enjoy.  Most of them are recipes, but this first one is actually an IKEA add.


It's short and sweet, and the look on her face when she finally fits that final tamagoyaki in the bento box is fantastic.  She's one of those people who can express an entire novel worth or emotion in a few seconds.  I first came across this video on the JustBento site, here.

Since we are talking about commercials, this bento related add always brings a tear to my eye.  Here's a version with English Subtitles, but personally I think the message comes across just fine even without them.


I think it would be a great deal of fun to try making each recipe in this video.  Anyone want to take on that challenge with me?

Speaking about mums, I kind of wish this next woman was my mum.  What an amazing cook.

Cooking With Dog (no, it's not what you think.  There's a dog, it's cute, and it sits diligently beside the woman as she cooks yummy food.  Really, it's cooking along side a dog, but that doesn't have the same ring to it, does it now?) has a whole series of videos for Japanese cooking.  They are easy to follow and if you go to the video's main page, the recipes are written out for you underneath the video.


I have made the potato salad from this video and it is a Huge Hit in our house.  Even The Ancient gobbles it up.  I haven't had a chance to take a photo of it yet because it gets eaten the moment I've finished making it.

I can't wait to try the chicken.

Another delicious video by her and her dog is this Onigiri video.



I don't know how she gets her yaki onigiri to stay together so well.  Mine always fall apart.


And a rather amusing and upbeat take on onigiri:


FeastofFiction make some highly entertaining cooking videos.  

Here's a non-bento related video for you, in honour of the new season of Doctor Who starting this week.





After watching this video, I feel strangely compelled to try this.  It doesn't look anywhere near as repulsive as it did when I first saw The Doctor eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment